As you may know, I am writing a book titled Active Learning Lessons, Activities, & Assignments for the Modern Social Work Educator to be published by Taylor & Francis/Routledge. I am looking for folks to contribute activities in their specialty areas. Would you be interested?
Brief Book Overview and Rationale:
To practice social work in the real world, students need to be energized and attentive learners engaging with the realities of the modern social work landscape using active learning pedagogy. Higher education must continue to adapt to both the evolving needs of the modern social work student and the modern social work practice landscape. As society continues to change, it is imperative that social work educators provide training to students about how to recognize their coursework in action and how to utilize their skills and training to address the current circumstances around them, whether this is based on natural disasters, political changes, or the overall continued growth and fluctuation of society, with updated training and pedagogy to meet modern practice challenges. This book aims to address the frustrations social work educators face when disseminating crucial social work curricula in the classroom setting by providing active learning activities and assignments which instructors can easily integrate into their offline and online classrooms. This book will provide educators with structured lesson plans, practice exercises, assignments, sample exam questions, and other tools common to active learning to respond to the modern student’ educational needs. This book is both vital and timely to bridge the gap between current social work education and the needs of the modern social work student.
Instructions and Resources:
- You will be writing at least 5 lesson plans (each 5 pages max) and 1 assignment (2 pages max).
- Each lesson plan and assignment should be grounded in one of the six Bloom’s taxonomy cognitive processes.
- Each lesson plan and assignment should utilize active learning strategies.
- All the lesson plans can be from the same chapter or different chapters.
- If you are interested in writing more than 5 lesson plans or more than 1 assignment, that would be amazing!
- Helpful Contributor Resources including general writing submission requirements, writing guidelines, a book outline, a sample lesson plan, Bloom’s Taxonomy resources, active learning resources, and sample active learning activities.
- This work will be due to me via email by July 15, 2020.
What I need from you now:
- Contact information including name, mailing address, phone, email, social media
- After you have had time to review the materials, I am happy to schedule a phone call with you to help brainstorm ideas, provide feedback, and answer your questions.
- A completed contributor agreement
If you know of other social work educators that might be interested in contributing to this book, please share my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with them. I am very excited to be working with you!
One Reply to “Become a Book Contributor Today!”