What are best practices in evaluating practice? What have you found to be helpful in integrating evaluation into your practice? What do you need to be better at evaluating practice? Join us as we discuss evaluating practice and share best practices!
Chat discussion questions:
- What are the current goals of the program? What does the literature say about this phenomenon in terms of program intervention?
- What kinds of data will evaluators need? What is readily available? Are government statistics relevant, for example? Does the agency keep data that might be useful? With whom might evaluators want to gather information? Agency directors? Middle-level staff? Clients?
- What type of design makes the most sense and why?
- What type of data collection tools would be most appropriate?
- How will the evaluation address culture and social contexts?
- What limitations will this evaluation present? What obstacles might evaluators encounter and how would one counter these obstacles?
- Having already identified the primary stakeholders, how would one disseminate the results of the program evaluation?
One Reply to “Evaluating Practice: #MacroSW Twitter Chat 7/10 at 9pm EST”
Reblogged this on Charlotte Crockford and commented: